Insure your jewellery - properly!
Whatever you decide, we are now offering specialised jewellery insurance in response to the frustration that some of our customers have experienced with their home insurers when they have tried to claim for damage to or loss of their jewellery that was made by Siobhan.
If you've ever tried to claim on your home insurance for your handmade jewellery, the chances are your insurance company will force you to use their preferred jeweller because they have a discount arrangement with the insurance company and you will end up with an inferior cast replacement that is not of the same quality.
Most independent jewellers offer Q Report insurance now as there is a general feeling of cheesed-off-ness within the industry that home insurance companies are not replacing customers' jewellery with the equivalent of what their valuation stipulates. And yet they are quite willing to accept premium payments calculated on the basis of these valuations.
Our view is that Q Report insurance may not be the cheapest type of insurance but, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. In this instance you get:
- 12 months worldwide cover**
- Immediate cover before leaving your Q Certified Jeweller
- Agreed value with up to 125% cover* (no need to get a valuation unless you want to)
- The option to return to your jeweller in the case of a loss
- Annual revaluation of your jewellery at no additional charge
- $100 excess
- An insurance policy backed by a world leading insurer – Chubb Insurance Australia Limited.
If your jewellery is worth over $5,000, your Q Report is a personalised, beautifully bound book with images of your jewellery and loads of information about it, along with details about your insurance cover. For jewellery worth between $1,000 and $5,000, you get Q Pocket, a pocket sized version of the book.
If you have been a previous customer who might be interested in having your David Frith jewellery insured through Q Report, please get in touch to see if the cost of remaking your jewellery has increased.
* Conditions apply – not available on Q Report pocket policy
** 12 months worldwide cover is only offered to policy holders that are departing from Australia.